8.10.2022

i am trembling

at the though of it
either/or
maybe I should wait and see
until a hundred more 
sleep on it 
this life is daydreaming
fugue of in between and 
torn in two
halves of the same million 
pieces making all of us 
something more than meeting the 
eyes, impossible to read
though utterly beautiful

i have no truth 
aside from the heart
a clarifying ache impossible 
to reconcile

how to walk away
intact
an emotional amputee
looking for some quiet safe place
somewhere I have felt peace
what kind lasts?
more than those minutes 
moving from one memory to the next
stepping stones chosen 
my feet are my own
whatever choice arises must be
making a path of my own design
has never been a strength
in only surviving 
life as it passes by
chance playing its role
and recognizing my own
i am trembling.



No comments: