8.24.2022

two days

the sadness of another
isolated grey morning dawning
realization that today is no
further down the road than 
yesterday i was one day younger
versions of myself never imagined
being where i am today; 

I really do love you
are probably better cutting ties
with the creature behind the keyboard
helps keep a distance between whatever
self-ish or self-less
it doesn't matter 
both see the world from a 
I can only imagine the tenuous
feeling shaky and when's the 
penny dropped for me
flashing on the screen
"I love you"

there was no fury
there was resolve
i am not going to let this end
all things do
as they, and we
and the trees and the sky 
and the birds in it
impermanent
it's just a matter of perspective
I have just that
it's not just imagining
I know exactly how it feels to hold a thing
together we 
holding on, battling on
hope against the hopeless

can you surrender to 
i dreamt the most horrible 
i'm so sorry
not for loving you 
will remain with me forever
arrives whether we want it to or not

i fear death as much as 
anyone still wanting
to lead a particular 
this life has not been bad
i've been lucky

I've known beauty.

and whatever is the absence
i've felt
it arises in me without warning and 
like a spooked animal
the instinct is to run
away from the dark feelings
won't go away

but, they don't need to
welcome them, accept them
remove their power stares directly
the sun in my  
eyes closed and seeing the
opaque reminder that within

still beating, this heart
through feast and fallow
storm and calm
an anxious ceasefire in the small hours
slip through, pass by and 
gone forever

I don't want to be another ghost
nor to know another
life will always be with me
as i hope you will be
in perfect balance we teeter on this 
crest of the western mountain 
views into an ocean of clouds
hard to tell the haze from the shimmer
sea holds me mute
a pebble within
and as distant as any other

sharing an origin
the pebble, I, and the ocean
a recognition of the truth
of any life 
even where there is no life
in those trees though
they fucking breathe and fill
my deepest emptiness with
something never quite put to words
miss the point
I'm trying to say 
in the deepest forest of my 
memories are lies, unintentional

avoid the details
remember how to feel
feel to know which point on the map 
drawn from memory and ignoring the side roads 
backtracking from the rim of this 
canyons are earth in relief
the memory of this planet's past
lives are the same

i have changed
the course you choose
to ignore or reckon with
the reality is that
this is what I believe
in yourself accept the 
worse in every way, I'm
not quite free falling
not too late to self-arrest before
the great yawning ocean of air
i'm sliding toward oblivion
out of control 
the more i wait
the less likely

dig in and do something
ring the bell and 
make the earth sing
a resonance that carries on
long after the friction is applied
this life echoes
put it up to your ear and 
you can hear your past
selves screaming your name
move man, time is running 
out the door and into tomorrow
you never know until 
you try.


No comments: